"If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people"
Outstanding communications skills are a must in today's competitive landscape — especially for new entrants in the workforce.
Drawing from internal and external resources, this shortlist was compiled for university students and recent graduates looking to enhance their communication and leadership skills.
- Creating a Personal Action Plan
- Four Keys to Developing Effective Goals
- Get a Handle on Stress
- Improving Your Listening Skills
- Powering Up Your Personal Productivity
- Seven Tips for Leading Group Discussions
- Handling Challenging Calls
- Crafting a Clear Email Message
- How to Lead in a Team Environment
- How to Write a Better Email
- The Power of Praise
- How Good Are Graduates' Business Communication Skills? — http://westga.edu
- Advice for College Students: Encouragement and Admonishment — http://www2.ivcc.edu
- What Entry-Level International Jobs Are Available for Recent Graduates? — http://careerweb.georgetown.edu/
- Some Modest Advice for Graduate Students - http://www.yale.edu/
- Writing your Curriculum Vitae — http://www.dartmouth.edu
- Advice from Recent Graduates — http://www.eckerd.edu/
- Writing the Personal Statement — http://owl.english.purdue.edu
- Grant & Job Resources — http://www.des.ucdavis.edu/
- How to Get the Most Out of Career Fairs — http://www.jobweb.com
- 23 Pieces of Advice that College Graduates Don’t Want to Hear — http://www.savingadvice.com
- Lifehack Readers’ Advice for College Graduates — http://www.lifehack.org
- Proven Resume Techniques for New College Graduates — http://www.imdiversity.com
- Job Market Information — http://www.economics.harvard.edu
- Cover Letters: Types and Samples — http://www.career.vt.edu
- Graduate Students, PhDs & Postdocs — https://career.berkeley.edu
- Resources for Graduate Students and Post-Docs: A compilation - http://www.indiana.edu/
- 43 Folders
- Productivity 501
- Zen Habits
- Organize IT
If you know of an external resource that should be included on this index, please leave add it in the comments below, or contact email@example.com.
If you keep a virtual library or resource directory at a university, college, or trade school, no permission is necessary to link to this page or host copies of internal resources linked to on this page.